Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: 6/27/2016
This document contains very important information about the terms and conditions that govern your use of this website and MyAccount. By using the site and MyAccount, you indicate your acceptance of the terms and conditions described below. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please discontinue access and use of the web site and/or MyAccount.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the website.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of ViaCord’s website and MyAccount.
- While it is the intention of ViaCord to provide information and data from well-respected experts in the rapidly-advancing field of stem cell therapy, including stem cell collection, science, processing and transplantation, you should be aware that the information we provide is for educational purposes only and should not be used for diagnosing or treating health problems or diseases. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you desire or need such services or advice, you should consult a professional healthcare provider. You should not construe ViaCord’s publication of any content on this site as an endorsement by ViaCord of the views expressed herein, or as any warranty or guarantee of any strategy, recommendation, treatment, therapy or action suggested or described by the author of the content.
- All comments, suggestions, ideas and other information or materials you submit to ViaCord through this website will become and remain the exclusive property of ViaCord. You disclaim any proprietary rights in such submissions, and you acknowledge ViaCord’s unrestricted right to use them in any medium, now and in the future, without notice, compensation or other obligation to you or anyone else.
- Although ViaCord takes all reasonable measures to ensure the security of your personal and health-related personal information, no security system is completely invulnerable to hackers. In addition, you are accessing our website through a network (either your own ISP or your employer’s network) that we cannot control. As a result, we cannot be responsible for any harm that you believe is caused to you, your family, or your business due to unauthorized leaks of information or equipment failures that are beyond our control, or to your inability to access our site.
- If you choose to communicate with us via email, you are advised that information you exchange with us using these methods may not be secure. Any information that you create or receive on your employer’s computer or through your employer’s network may be the legal property of your employer. Your employer may review and save this information or turn it over in response to a legal subpoena. If you email an article found on our website about a disease or condition to a friend who receives email at a work address, you could be revealing sensitive information about your friend’s medical condition or health interests to that friend’s employer.
- ViaCord does not provide or offer medical advice and therefore, ViaCord is not liable for any harm that a person suffers as a result of his or her actions after visiting the website. We provide the content of our website, including all information about cord blood banking and transplantation, “as is,” without any representation or warranty, express, implied, or statutory about the accuracy of this content, the utility of cord blood transplantation, or the suitability of your cord blood unit for a particular purpose.
- By using ViaCord’s site you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless ViaCord and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers in any claims that result from your violation of this agreement or your own actions in using our website.
- ViaCord is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability (so long as such disability can be reasonably accommodated) or any other status protected by applicable law.
MyAccount Additional Terms
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account or username. You represent that all information you provide or provided to ViaCord upon enrollment will be true, accurate, current, and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You are responsible for keeping your MyAccount password secret and secure.
- You may not use MyAccount for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules, and regulations (for example, federal, state, local, and provincial) applicable to your use of MyAccount.
- ViaCord reserves the right to modify or terminate your access to MyAccount for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- ViaCord reserves the right to refuse access to MyAccount to anyone for any reason at any time.
- ViaCord does not guarantee that stem cell transplantation is effective or that your baby’s cord blood will be medically useful. Although we believe in the hope and promise of cord blood banking and anticipate that cord blood transplantation will be used to treat an increasing number of disorders, we do not guarantee that cord blood is useful for the treatment of any particular disorder, or that your banked unit will be useful or viable for transplantation. The appropriate use of cord blood is a matter for your physicians to determine.
- In order to participate in ViaCord’s cord blood banking service you must complete our enrollment process. Unless you enroll with us for cord blood banking we make no representations or warranties about our service. If you do choose to enroll, or if you purchase the gift of cord blood banking for someone else, we make only those representations and warranties contained in the service agreement. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, exclusive of its choice of law rules. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
- Material on this site is intended for your personal use only. All material on this site is copyrighted by ViaCord or its licensors, so you may not distribute it without our express permission, and ViaCord will enforce our copyright under United States and foreign laws. If you need to obtain permission to distribute material from ViaCord’s site, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The ViaCord name and logo are trademarks of ViaCord, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of ViaCord. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
ViaCord reserves the right to modify this website and the rules and regulations governing its use, at any time. Modifications will be posted on the website, and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to the website. ViaCord may make changes in the products and/or services described in this website at any time.