ViaCord Customers

Expecting Again? Congratulations!

Thanks for considering ViaCord's banking services again.

We'd love to connect. Give us call 877.856.4802 or start a chat with us.


What's been going on since you last banked? A lot!

Cord Blood: Autism and cerebral palsy clinical trials using cord blood are gaining national attention.

Over the last few years, cord blood applications have expanded beyond transplant medicine into areas of regenerative medicine in clinical research trials for conditions once thought untreatable.  ViaCord families are participating in these trials, and some are sharing their experiences. Watch below and see more ViaCord family stories here >


Autism and Cord Blood

In The News: Cerebral Palsy and Cord Blood

Cord Tissue: An additional source of valuable stem cells.

Although there are no approved uses for cord tissue stem cells yet, researchers are hard at work exploring areas of potential use. Over 150 clinical research trials have used cord tissue stem cells. 

Cord tissue stem cells are being used in research for cartilage, muscle, and nerve conditions including: 

-  Alzheimer's 

-  Autism  

-  Type 1 diabetes 

-  Lung cancer 

-  Rheumatoid arthritis  

-  Sports injuries (cartilage)

A Phase I clinical trial is currently underway at Duke University Medical Center to determine the safety of using cord tissue stem cells in children with autism.  


Why else are people excited about cord tissue? It's compatibility.

Immediate biological family members could benefit from your baby’s cord tissue stem cells, with parents having a 100% likelihood of being compatible, siblings having a 75% likelihood of being compatible, and grandparents having a 25% likelihood of being compatible.16,50


More Cells. More Treatment Options. More Healing Potential.

It's possible that the last time you banked, collecting and storing the stem cells from your baby's umbilical cord tissue was not an option. Today, it is! In fact, more and more families are choosing to bank both their baby's cord blood and cord tissue because the stem cells found within the umbilical cord tissue are different than those found and cord blood.

Just like our cord blood collection process, collecting cord tissue is safe, painless, and will not interfere with your birth plan or your bonding time with your new baby.

Learn more about the benefits of banking cord tissue


Quality Matters

We’re proud to be one of the few family banks to receive AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) accreditation for processing and storing newborn stem cells from both cord blood and cord tissue. Accreditation validates the quality of our service and is one of the many reasons families feel confident about choosing ViaCord. View our accreditation certificate here.



We're here for you.

We know pregnancy is a busy time and your growing family keeps you even busier! That's why we make banking easy and convenient for you.  

Simply give us a quick call 877.856.4802 or start a chat with us and we'll handle the rest.