You're Enrolled. So What Happens Next?
We're thrilled you've decided to join the ViaCord family!
An order confirmation email will be sent, within 24 hours, to the email address provided during your online enrollment. Your order confirmation email will contain details with next steps for each product ordered. If you have questions about your order our customer service team is standing by ready to help. Please give us a call at 800.998.4226
Below are a simple steps you can take to ensure the banking process goes smoothly:
Step 1: Register for MyAccount
If you haven’t done so already, register and activate your MyAccount.
Step 2: Complete Required Forms
Your Health History Questionnaire and ViaCord Service Agreement will be emailed to you via DocuSign. The completion of the Electronic Forms are required, before your baby arrives, to complete the banking process. This is an important step because should you ever need to access your baby's stem cells, the information provided on these forms will be required by your physician before any stem cell treatment can begin. Having complete records will help to make the collection release process timely and efficient.
If you need to manually complete the forms, please access using the PDF links below.
Health History Questionnaire
Please click on your preferred language:
English PDF: Form for Mother - Form for Father
Spanish PDF: Form for Mother - Form for Father
ViaCord Service Agreement
Please click on your preferred language:
English PDF: English Service Agreement
Spanish PDF: Spanish Service Agreement
The simplest way to return your completed forms is to e-mail them to FORMS@viacord.com. You can also fax them toll-free to 1-866-565-2243 or mail them to: ViaCord Clinical Affairs, 2375 Progress Drive, Hebron, KY 41048
Step 3: Inform Your Healthcare Provider
Once you've enrolled with us, we will send a letter to your healthcare provider to inform them that you will be storing your baby's cord blood with ViaCord. We also recommend you speak with your doctor or midwife to make sure they're aware you're banking with ViaCord and know the service you've elected; cord blood, cord tissue, or both. Everything they need to perform the collection, including instructions, is provided in your ViaCord collection kit. The process is simple and can be performed by any doctor or midwife.
Preparing for the big day.
There are a few things you can do to prepare for the collection process in advance of the big day.
• Once you've received your collection kit place it with your prepacked hospital luggage and store it in a cool, dry place.
• Save the customer service number in your phone and plan to contact us after delivery: 800-998-4226
• Get familiar with what takes place on the big day and designate a Birth Coach to help you. See our Birth Coach Checklist below.
Your Birth Coach Checklist!
You've got a lot to remember on the big day. With all the breathing, pushing and sheer amazement, it’s easy to forget about the cord blood collection. To help you out, we've put together a quick checklist below.
Want a copy of the Birth Coach Checklist that you can pack in your hospital bag? Click here to open and print your copy
BEFORE THE BIG DAY
Keep the Collection Kit in a cool dry place, next to mom's bag.
Discuss with Mom what will be collected; cord blood, cord tissue, or both.
Save the customer service number in your phone: 800-998-4226
Wear the ViaCord Newborn Stem Cell Awareness Bracelet as a reminder that the baby’s newborn stem cells will be collected.
- Notify the Labor and Delivery staff that Mom is banking her newborn’s stem cells with ViaCord
- Hand the staff your Collection Kit
- Tell them what will need to be collected: the cord blood, cord tissue, or both
- If the Labor and Delivery staff changes, also inform the new staff of your plans to collect
SOON AFTER DELIVER
- Do not seal the kit
- Call ViaCord at 800-998-4226 to notify us that the baby’s stem cells have been collected
- Take 5-10 minutes to carefully review the contents of the kit with Mom and the ViaCord Customer Support representative to ensure the kit is properly labeled for safe arrival at our lab
- Keep the kit close to Mom until the courier arrives